Annual SACNAS National Conference
Interdisciplinary. Highly Interactive. Transformative. The SACNAS National Conference motivates, inspires and engages participants to achieve their highest goals in pursuing education and careers in STEM fields. Conference programming is specifically tailored to support undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral researchers, and career professionals at each transition stage of their career as they move towards positions of science leadership.
Save the Date for 2015 SACNAS!
This year, October 29-31, we’re excited to bring the SACNAS National Conference to our nation’s capital, Washington, DC.
Mark your calendars now, because we’ve got great things planned for you.
Location: Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Maryland (8 miles south of Washington, D.C.)
2014 SACNAS Publications & Conference Agenda
2014 SACNAS Highlights
National Conference Components
The SACNAS National Conference showcases cutting-edge science and features mentoring and training sessions for students and scientists at all levels. Join us to connect with professionals and students in all disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics from across the country.
Professional & leadership development sessions
Student & postdoctoral researcher presentations
Scientific symposia sessions
Networking and mentoring
Nationally recognized keynote speakers
Over 300 exhibits sharing training, research, grad school, and job opportunities
Cultural activities & performances
Advertising Opportunities and Sponsorship Opportunities
Previous National Conferences
- 2014: Creativity, Vision, & Drive: Toward Full Representation in STEM - October 16 - 18 in Los Angeles at the Los Angeles Convention Center
- 2013: Strengthening the Nation through Diversity, Innovation & Leadership in STEM - October 3-6 in San Antonio, Texas at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
- 2012: Science, Technology, and Diversity for a Healthy World - October 11-14 in Seattle, Washington at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center
- 2011: Empowering Innovation and Synergy Through Diversity - October 27-30, 2011 in San Jose, California
- 2010: Science, Technology & Diversity for a Sustainable Future - September 30 - October 3, 2010 in Anaheim, California
"If I were to describe the conference in one word, I would have to say it would be OPPORTUNITY."
- Edwina Gutierrez, Undergraduate Student, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
SACNAS SAFE AND INTOXICANT-FREE CONFERENCE POLICY
SACNAS would like to thank our members in advance for respecting the conference’s alcohol-, drug-, smoke-, and harassment-free atmosphere.
This conference stands as a testament to those working to bring about positive changes and opportunities for minorities, and to promote the health and vibrancy of our communities through mentorship and leadership. The SACNAS policy for creating a safe and intoxicant-free conference stems from these values.
Join us in celebrating science and culture by taking an active role at the SACNAS National Conference. Serve as a speaker, abstract reviewer, student presentation judge, or mentor.