Undergraduate & Graduate Student Research Presentations
Undergraduate students, postbaccalaureate and graduate student researchers are invited to submit an abstract for a chance to present their research during the Annual National Conference. A vital component of our mentoring program, SACNAS mentors provide feedback and guidance to students at every level of research experience and presentation skill. Here are some examples of abstract submissions accepted in various STEM disciplines.
- Congratulations to 2015 Student Awardees!
- Spring Application deadline will be announced soon.
Student Researcher Eligibility
- Be an undergraduate or postbaccalaureate at the time of submission
- Be a graduate student researcher at the time of submission
Before you begin your abstract submission you must do the following:
- Profile: Create or update your SACNAS profile
- Once you have created/updated it, you can retrieve your SACNAS ID in your profile, which is needed to submit your abstract.
- Be a current SACNAS member. You must have current SACNAS Membership (through conference dates). You will not be able to access the application without current membership.
- Membership: Current SACNAS membership required at time of submission
- Guidelines: Submitters must read and follow the 2016 Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Is this your first time submitting an Abstract? Take a look at the Student Presentations Resource page for more information.
- Follow all the links in the website because this information will be useful for you in submitting your abstract and other important information, especially the FAQs.
- On a final but important note, it is recommended you submit your abstract ahead of time to avoid any misfortunes.
Student Award Presentation Recognition
2015 Student Research Presentation Recognitions
Exemplary undergraduate student poster presenters and graduate student oral presenters are honored at the National Conference for their research presentations. In 2015, over 800 student researchers presented their research at the SACNAS National Conference. Thanks to sponsor contributions, SACNAS was able to award 102 students and were recognized for their outstanding research presentations at the awards ceremony.
Additional Information & Support
Join us in celebrating science and culture by taking an active role at the SACNAS National Conference. Serve as a speaker, abstract reviewer, student presentation judge, or mentor.