Information regarding the 2014 Travel Scholarship will become available in January 2014.
Spring Application Period- Closed
2013 Application Period: March 4 - April 3 (Closed)
- This application is for Community College/Tribal College students, undergraduate students, post baccalaureates, graduate students, and postdoctoral researchers. ALL eligible applicants are encouraged to apply during this period.
Summer Application Period- Closed
2013 Application Period: May 20 - June 21 at 5 PM PDT (Closed)
- The summer application is ONLY for undergraduate summer program students whose programs are enrolled with SACNAS.
Before students can submit a travel scholarship Program Directors must:
- Complete our on-line research program enrollment form by 12:00 PM PDT on May 16 (Now Closed)
- Please include only the number of students who will be submitting an abstract and/or travel scholarship.
- In the travel scholarship application, students will be required to select the summer program's name and unique ID.
Summer Program Directors please review this letter from the SACNAS Office: Letter to Summer Program Directors
Summer Research Program Enrollment Eligibility
- Summer research programs for undergraduates (ie. NSF- REU, NIH-R25) must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the summer application period:
- Include a summer research component (late May- August) and
- Have a formalized application & acceptance process
The summer application period is not open to students participating in a summer internship and/or taking summer courses.
Travel Scholarship Award
Expenses covered by the award:
- Lodging (room and tax only) at a conference hotel for four nights, and/or
- Airfare , car* or train* travel to San Antonio, Texas
* For train fare or car, awardee must travel within a 200 miles radius from the conference location
NOTE: Award DOES NOT cover membership fees, registration costs, ground transportation to/from the airport/train station, baggage fees, or travel itinerary change fees. Also, the SACNAS Travel Scholarship does not fund international travel. SACNAS only grants travel from the United States and Puerto Rico.
In addition to the eligibility requirements listed below, all pending and outstanding dues must be paid to SACNAS before you can qualify to receive a travel scholarship. Applicants with outstanding balances will automatically be denied for an award.
Applicants must meet all three eligibility requirements:
- Be one of the following at time of the conference :
- Undergraduate - including Community College & Tribal College students
- Postbaccalaureate - up to three years since degree completed
- Graduate - including Master's and PhD programs
- Postdoctoral Researcher - up to five years since degree completed
- Profile : Update your SACNAS or create one if you are new to SACNAS
- Membership : current SACNAS membership (thru conference dates) required
More Information & Support
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for additional support or contact program manager Brianda Alvarez with questions or for assistance in preparing a travel scholarship application at firstname.lastname@example.org or (toll free) 877-SACNAS-1.
Join us in celebrating science and culture by taking an active role at the SACNAS National Conference. Serve as a speaker, abstract reviewer, student presentation judge, or mentor.