Become a Judge and/or Abstract Reviewer
Abstract Reviewer and Judge Information
Abstract reviewers and judges must satisfy the following criteria:
- SACNAS requests that those interested in reviewing and/or judging must have a PhD
- Profile: Create or update your SACNAS profile
- Must be registered for the national conference to participate as a judge
- Important Note: You can sign up as a judge before registering for the national conference
Abstract Review Periods: April 17-29 & July 16-29
- A SACNAS pre-conference opportunity
- You will be assigned approximately 15 - 20 abstracts in your discipline via an on-line review site, Confex
- All abstracts are evaluated using common criteria and are either accepted or rejected
- In April you will receive access to the on-line review site, Confex
- Deadline to submit scores is on April 29 & July 29 by 5pm PDT.
- For your contribution, abstract reviewers are printed in the abstract book
Oral and Poster Presentation Judge
Conference Judge On-site: October 17-19, 2014
- A SACNAS on-site conference opportunity
- Oral Presentations
- Oral presentations range from 3-5 student presentations per room
- Student and Postdoctoral Researcher Presentations
- Each student is judged twice
- As a judge, you may receive approximately five students to judge-mentor
- All presentations are evaluated using common criteria and indicators of success
- In appreciation of your contribution, judges will receive a letter of appreciation and a press release via the SACNAS e-newsletters
For additional information as an abstract reviewer or judge please contact Jessica Macias at 1-877-SACNAS-1.
Contribute to SACNAS
Each year, over $1.5 million in sponsor, grant, and individual donor funding supports SACNAS programs and brings over 800 students to the conference on travel scholarships. Help change the face of science today by making a contribution.
Be a Volunteer
Be a part of the SACNAS community by authoring a SACNAS News article, sitting on a committee, or joining the SACNAS board. Enjoy public speaking? Consider chairing or speaking in a conference session. Want to offer your support, guidance, and feedback? Be a mentor-judge for student presentations in your field. Update volunteer interests in your user profile to get involved.