Join the SACNAS Leadership
SACNAS Board Nominations are currently closed.
Learn more about the SACNAS board member experience and how to apply.
Candidate Criteria, Board Responsibilities & Expectations
Before you submit your nomination, please ensure that items 1-2 under the instructions (below), are completed.
Open SACNAS Board Positions for 2017
- 2 General Board Member (January 2017 - December 2019)
- 1 Graduate Student (January 2017 - December 2018)
Instructions for Submitting your Nomination
- Candidates must be current SACNAS members (general or lifetime). Become a SACNAS Member Here.
- Read Candidate Criteria and Board Member Responsibilities and Expectations (PDF).
- Submit your Nomination Application, includes uploading your CV and professional headshot. NOTE: Incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominations deadline is September 16, 2016 (11:59 PM PDT). All materials must be in by this date. Sorry, no exceptions.
All current SACNAS professional annual or lifetime members (Life Member and Friends of the Society) are eligible to vote for general board member candidates.
Current SACNAS student annual or lifetime members are eligible to vote for the student board members.
Results (Students and Professionals)
Elections results are published on the SACNAS website and announced to the membership via e-newsletter.
Nominations and Elections Timeline
Nominee application deadline
October 12-November 14
Voting by SACNAS members
Membership notification of election results
SACNAS is an equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
Whether you’re a student presenting research & connecting with mentors or a professional giving back to the next generation, membership means taking part in something greater than yourself. With SACNAS, you're part of a community of scientists; you belong.