Keynote Speakers Announced - 2012 SACNAS National Conference
Register for the 2012 SACNAS National Conference and prepare to be inspired! A talented and distinguished group of keynote speakers and panelists are coming to the 2012 SACNAS National Conference, in Seattle, Washington, October 11–14, 2012.
We invite you to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to engage with top scientific leaders and role models in our communities—and we’re delighted to announce the following conference presenters.
Keynotes Speakers - Plenary Sessions
Learn about cutting-edge research in multiple scientific disciplines.
- Steven H. Strogatz, PhD, Jacob Gould Schurman Professor of Applied Mathematics, Cornell University. Friday 10/12 lunch
- Karina Walters, PhD (Choctaw), William P. and Ruth Gerberding Endowed University Professor, Social Work, University of Washington. Friday 10/12 evening/dinner
- Enrico Ramirez-Ruiz, PhD, Assistant Professor, Astrophysics, University of California, Santa Cruz. Saturday 10/13 lunch
- JoAnn Trejo, PhD, Professor, Pharmacology, University of California, San Diego. Saturday 10/13 evening/dinner
Keynote Panelists - “Pathways to Success: Real-Life Adventures of SACNAS Scientists”
Thursday 10/11, 2:00–3:15 pm
- Ricardo Cortez, PhD, Chair, Pendergraft William Larkin Duren Professor, Mathematics, Tulane University
- Christopher Andronicos, PhD (Sioux, Micmac, Pueblo), Associate Professor, Geosciences, Cornell University, SACNAS Board Member & Parliamentarian
- Leslie Caromile, PhD (Eastern Cherokee), Postdoctoral Fellow, Pathology, University of Connecticut
- Cecilia Aragon, PhD, Associate Professor, Human Centered Design & Engineering, University of Washington