Review Travel Scholarship Applications
If you are interested in reviewing Travel Scholarship applications for the 2013 SACNAS National Conference in San Antonio, TX please read below for additional information.
Travel Scholarship Reviewer Information
The SACNAS Travel Scholarship program awards roughly 1,000 Travel Scholarships to students and postdocs annually, covering their travel and lodging during the SACNAS national conference. SACNAS has experienced a tremendous growth in the number of Travel Scholarship applications submitted over the past 5 years. With the increase in application submissions also comes the increased competitiveness of the award. To ensure that applications are reviewed as carefully and equitably as possible SACNAS would like your help in reviewing Travel Scholarship applications.
Application reviewers must satisfy the following criteria:
- Have a PhD
- Have a SACNAS profile
- Will not submit a Travel Scholarship application in 2013
Application Review Periods
- Easy online application review process via the SACNAS system (application includes online form, statement of purpose, transcript and letter of recommendation)
- You will be assigned approximately 20 travel scholarship applications in your discipline.
- All applications are evaluated online using common criteria
- Estimated review time for each application is 15 minutes
Spring Application Reviews: April 5 - 19, 2013 - (CLOSED)
Summer Application Reviews: June 17 – July 1, 2013
On June 17 you will receive an email with your assignments and instructions on accessing the application system via the SACNAS database.
Deadline for application reviews: July 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM PDT
Please sign up by June 10, 2013 to become a Summer Travel Scholarship application reviewer
For additional information on the Travel Scholarship Application Reviews please contact Brianda Alvarez at 1-877-SACNAS-1.