Present your research at 2018 SACNAS! Through either a poster or oral presentation, SACNAS provides a unique opportunity for students to advance their science with valuable feedback and one-on-one mentoring. Spring applications open March 13, 2018.
Important Application Dates
|Application Open||March 13||June 5|
|Application Deadline||April 13||July 6|
|Notification Date||May 17||August 9|
|Accept/Decline Offer||May 24||August 23|
|Register||June 7||September 1|
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for a research presentation:
1. Be a current SACNAS Member before applying for a research presentation
2. Be at least 18 years of age
3. Be a currently enrolled community college, undergraduate, post baccalaureate, graduate student or post doctorate researcher.
Note: Being accepted to present does not provide you a free conference registration.
All applications must follow these guidelines to be considered for a research presentation at 2018 SACNAS:
1. A complete SACNAS Research Presentation application will contain:
• Title of the abstract.
• Abstract (Abstract word limit is 250 maximum). No graphics or schema (charts) are allowed.
• A hypothesis or statement about the problem under investigation.
• A statement of the experimental methods/materials used.
• Results provided in summary form (even if preliminary).
• The full names and degrees of each author. Include the order of authors.
• Approval from your Principal Investigator (PI) for submission and publication of your abstract.
2. Application must be received through the online abstract submission system by April 13, 2018 5:00 PM Pacific Time.
• No email or late submissions will be accepted (it is recommended that you submit your abstract with ample time prior to the deadline to avoid any technical issues).
• Applicants have until the submission deadline to make any edits on their abstract.
• Make sure your abstract is free of grammatical errors, as it will be part of the scoring criteria.
• Only one abstract submission per student is acceptable.*
*Important Note: A student with multiple applications will be rejected.
3. Students working on the same research project are required to submit an abstract written in their own words. If identical abstracts are submitted, all applications will be immediately disqualified from 2018 SACNAS.
4. Graduate students who have previously given an oral presentation at a SACNAS conference are not eligible to apply for an oral presentation. However, they are encouraged to apply for a poster presentation. Graduate students who have never given an oral presentation at a SACNAS conference are welcome to submit an application for an oral presentation.