Through our scholarships, SACNAS is proud to support undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdocs interested in joining us at 2018 SACNAS in San Antonio, Texas. Apply this Spring to join our community at the largest diversity in STEM conference in the country. Spring applications open March 13.
You are responsible for any other expenses not stated above, including: checked bags, ground transportation and any hotel room incidentals.
|Application Open||March 13||June 5|
|Application Deadline||April 13||July 6|
|Letter of Recommendation Deadline||April 17||July 10|
|Notification Date||May 17||August 9|
*The summer application period will be open only to undergraduate students in a summer research program. All other students and postdocs should apply in the spring application period.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to be considered for a research presentation:
1. Be a current SACNAS Member before applying for a travel scholarship
2. Be at least 18 years of age
3. Be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident
4. Be able to travel from within the United States or U.S. territories
5. Be one of the following, during fall 2018:
• Undergraduate student in a two-year or four-year college/university interested in pursuing a PhD in STEM
• Graduate student in a masters or doctorate STEM program
• Postdocs who completed their PhD in STEM in the past four years
A complete SACNAS Travel Scholarship application will contain:
1. Statement of Purpose (500-word limit)
2. One Letter of Recommendation
3. Unofficial Transcript
You will be responsible to ensure that your application is complete, including following up with your recommender to ensure that they submit their letter before the deadline.