2013 SACNAS Community College Day
Community College Day Information:
Date: Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Time: 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Location: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
Why YOU should attend SACNAS Community College Day:
SACNAS understands the unique obstacles Community College students face; having to juggle a variety of priorities and simultaneously dedicate time to your academic development. In an effort to support local community college and tribal college students in the greater San Antonio area, SACNAS brings you the 2013 Community College Day.
Our objective is to provide community college students with the special opportunity to attend the SACNAS National Conference, offering participants the top quality professional development needed for academic success. Community College Day gives students the tools to find research, internship and mentorship opportunities, and gain insight on your future STEM career.
Community College Day Highlights:
- Meet and network with local scientists, organizations and SACNAS Chapter members
Professional Development workshops
- Learn about research poster presentations, developing your networking skills, how to advance your academic/professional goals and much more!
- Peer-to-Peer Mentoring program
- Meet local resources available to you
- Be inspired to achieve your GOALS!
Community College Day Applicant Criteria:
- Applicant must be a community college student in San Antonio, Texas.
- Must be interested in pursuing a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Math).
- Interested in learning more about research opportunities/internships, mentoring and transferring to a four-year institution.
- Applicants must be able to attend entire SACNAS National Conference (October 3-6, 2013).
“I want to thank you once more for bringing together such a gratifying event in my hometown of Seattle. This was very special to me because I never knew there were so many scientists like me. Your contributions have made me a believer and that I can achieve my dreams of earning an education. I'm looking forward to joining SACNAS 2013. Thank you once more.”
- Student, 2012 Community College and Tribal College Day Attendee
Community College Day National Conference Scholarship includes:
- Pre-Conference Event, October 2, 2013 12:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- National Conference Registration Waiver—Allows access to full conference, meals, sessions and workshops!
- At this point, SACNAS is not able to provide any travel and/or lodging funding.
Space for this event is limited; make sure to submit your Community College Day National Conference Scholarship application by September 26, 2013.
Interested in being a Community College Day Exhibitor?
SACNAS is currently looking for local organizations, companies, and institutes that can offer:
- A resource table at Community College Day
- Recruitment for any STEM internships, summer programs, or transfer programs for community college students.
- Would like to make a donation for the event (Registration, Transportation, Materials, etc.)
- Contribute ideas on how to help community college student succeed in STEM.
Sponsor Commitment Form:
Please contact Rene Moreno at email@example.com or (831) 459-0170 ext. 224
- SACNAS 2013 Community College Day Agenda (pdf)
- SACNAS 2013 Community College Day Flyer (pdf)
200 East Market St.
San Antonio, TX 78205